We arrived at the baby house early this morning in order to attend a show put on by the older children (about 3 yrs. old). They all dress up in costumes, and some of the caregivers were dressed up as various characters as well, such as Father Frost. Obviously, they spoke and sang in Russian, so we could not understand what was gong on – but those kids just break your heart. They were all so sweet! I wish I could just rent a bus and load them up and drive them back to Atlanta to live with us! A couple of the children were in the process of being adopted. I pray they all get homes soon.
Katie was all smiles today. She really likes her morning cereal, but I still struggle with getting her to eat lunch. I tried a technique that I saw one of the caregivers use…bottle of juice in one hand, spoonful of gruel in the other hand. The babies really want the juice, so you hold it close enough to get them to open their mouth, then you shove the food in – it is a rapid-fire procedure. And, it worked pretty well! She didn’t eat it all, but enough so that I avoided stern looks of judgment from the caregivers.