Hi everyone!
Sorry, I had shut the blog down while we were home and not posting anything. Some of you have called and emailed asking why you had been "banned" from the blog! How rude of me!! So, we are open for business again.
Dave and I have been preparing the house for the newest member of our family. We have been overwhelmed with wonderful gifts for Katie. Who knew a little girl needs so many things? We are so very thankful for all of the thoughtfulness and generosity everyone has shown us.
We leave for Almaty on Sunday afternoon. Same route as last time which includes a layover in Frankfurt (you will find us at the McDonald's getting one last hurrah of familiar food). We will finally get to Almaty at 1:15am on Tuesday. The plan is to get a few hours sleep, then board another plane to reach Karaganda Tuesday afternoon. I think we will get to visit with Katie, though will leave her in the baby house for one last night (I am not sure of the details here). At any rate, by Wednesday morning, we will have Katie and will be flying back to Almaty. Thursday and Friday will be filled with a mandatory medical exam for Katie and then a trip to the US Embassy to get her passport. We will fly back to the US at 3:15am on Saturday morning (really Friday night since we will get to the airport before 12am). We will be back in Atlanta by Saturday afternoon.
Pray that Katie doesn't decide that she does like to cry during the plane rides. Of course, I kind of felt like crying the last time we flew home, so I guess I can't blame her if she does too.
We will update the blog whenever we have a connection while in Kazakhstan. Oh yeah, we did get a new digital camera, so we will capture every moment on film too.
Love,
Kelley