So tomorrow is the big day when we embark on our journey. Even though I am surrounded by suitcases and about 40 Target bags, it still feels very surreal to finally be taking this trip of a lifetime. There is a baby on the other side of the world that will become a new member of our family -- and what a lucky baby it will be...with aunties and uncles, cousins and very loving grandparents (and great-grandparents)!
We leave from Atlanta airport on Monday afternoon, and will arrive in Almaty at 11:45pm on Tuesday night. I'm hoping we have enough books and puzzles to entertain ourselves since I likely will not be able to sleep (Dave, though, well, I bet he will be out like a light).
Sophie and Sadie (the kitties) have strict orders to behave for Aunt Bibi and Uncle Chris, but let's be real...I am really just hoping they don't set the house on fire while we are gone.
It will probably be a few more days until I can post again.