Sunday, December 24, 2006

Day Three - It's Christmas Eve!

Today was another great day with Katie. Since it is Sunday, we only got to see her once (heavy sigh) - but we will be back on our normal twice a day schedule tomorrow, even though it is Christmas. They don't really celebrate Christmas here, though there are a few decorations and we saw a Christmas Tree and a fake Santa today.




Here is Katie in a "My First Christmas" outfit, complements of my very good friend Robin (she is always thinking ahead). Katie got weighed today -- she is 6.45 kilograms, which is about 14.1 lbs. As I have mentioned, she eats like a horse, and I know when we get her back to the states for some baked ziti and empanadas (made with love by Aunt Bibi), she will never miss that gruel!

I have got to say...it doesn't feel like Christmas Eve...but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else than here with our girl! We passed the time tonight with a few rounds of Uno and a couple of big Russian beers. We have not tried the vodka yet, but it is surely plentiful. There is a whole wall of it in every grocery store!

Merry Christmas to everyone!!

Love, Kelley